Sunday, October 18, 2009

Where will we all be in 13 years? Apparently, I'll be "Up There"

What does a 7 year old know about heaven? Apparently, my granddaughter Avery knows something I don't. While chit chatting with her recently, we got on the subject of what she might be doing when she's 20 years old. She told me, in a very matter of fact way, that I would not be here with her. Surprised by that comment, I asked her, "Where will I be"? With a smile on her face, she pointed up to the sky. I asked her what she meant and she told me, "You'll be with God in heaven." She must have sensed that her comment upset me a bit, and continued by saying, "but you'll always be with me in my heart." Now, I'm not sure what to make of that except to hope that this child is not psychic. In any case, it got me to thinking about all the things I haven't had a chance to do in my life like: write a play; travel with my husband cross country in an RV; produce a video documentary; publish a book; be a stand up comedienne; spend many years with my family! Thank goodness I have a sense of humor and still have that ambitious streak in me that wants to explore, learn and experience life to the fullest while I still can. So, what's my point? I've discovered in that brief discussion with Avery that I should take every day, one day at a time, pledging to enjoy every minute of it . . . while I still can!

Doris

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that Avery is not a psychic! Now, if she were talking about me...well that's a different story.
    Enjoyed your blog and your wisdom.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! It's a real challenge to live in the moment, but we'd be so much better off if we did.

    ReplyDelete