Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finding Fairies

While visiting Portsmouth with our granddaughters and their parents on Saturday, September 20th, we thought we'd drop by and see what was happening at Strawbery Bank. Little did we know that this was the day of the Fairy House Tour. Arriving at the tail end of the event, with only 1/2 hour remaining, we were able to stroll onto the grounds and find some of the fairy houses that were tucked away among the trees and bushes. Avery, the 7 year old, had toured Strawbery Banke with her class and eagerly gave us some of her historical perspective of the buildings from what she remembered. The tour with her fellow classmates obviously left a positive impression on her. It was a beautiful day and I was able to take some nice photos of the girls as they looked for fairy houses. They were disappointed in not finding any fairies however. As I looked at their sweet faces, I knew that I was in the presence of my very own little fairies and thought to myself . . . "It really doesn't get much better than this!"

Talk to you soon.
Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment